Facility Worker: Pearlgate Track and Field Club
Position: Facility Worker
Reports to: Summer Work Term Supervisor
Location: Pearlgate Track and Field Complex, 120 Old Placentia Rd., Mount Pearl, NL
Contract: 8-10 Week Contracts. 30-35 hours per week. Consideration will be given for flexibility in schedule.
Start date: June 2022.
Application Deadline: April 20th, 2023
The Pearlgate Track and Field Club is a welcoming, inclusive community of athletes of all ages and abilities, families and coaches, who are committed to sport excellence and lifelong fitness through all the disciplines of athletics, including those disciplines for para-athletes.
The role of the Facility Worker will be to work with other team members to support the delivery of various sport and recreational programs directed at various ages and abilities. This includes delivery of training to Run, Jump, Throw, Wheel and Development athletes, implementing and coordinating club/facility schedule, assisting with daily operations of the track complex including accepting user fees, cleaning, and setting up/taking down of equipment for both practices and competitions. Additionally, the employee will have responsibility for social media and club website updates as well as management of Trackie registration for meets. We encourage inclusivity and accessibility for all athletes and employees at Pearlgate Track and Field Club and will consider this when assessing applicants for this position.
- Previous experience in athletics and previous experience working at the Pearlgate Track and Field complex is considered an asset.
- Run Jump Throw Wheel Certification is considered an asset.
- High Five Certification is considered an asset.
- CPR/First Aid is considered an asset.
- Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check may be required.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Clubhouse with outdoor track and field complex.
- Occasionally required to work outside regular office hours, including weekends.
- Requires lifting 20 pounds.
What We Offer:
We offer our summer students the opportunity to be involved in the development of young athletes and meaningful community engagement. The wage for this position will be $14.50/hour
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to Mr. Mark Didham at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org and explicitly state “Facility Worker” in the email subject heading by April 20, 2023.
We thank all candidates for your interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.